5 Non-Gymming Ways To Lose Weight!
Regular exercise is the key to fitness and health and its role can ever be over-emphasised in the maintenance of general health of the body.
Exercise can help one lose weight, build immunity, enhance resistance, relieve joint pains and body aches, and generally keep us healthy and fit.
It is prescribed by all doctors irrespective of your age, although the type of exercise may differ, but one thing is for sure and that is that there are hardly any downsides to exercising. A little exercise every day is one of the best and easiest ways to stay healthy and fit.
The following are some of the best forms of exercises to do:
- Touted as one of the best workout routines out there, swimming exercises almost all muscles of the body making it a complete workout in its own right.
- It is also one of the most enjoyable forms of exercise and hence feels more like relaxation rather than a
- The water buoyancy supports the body of the swimmer and takes pressure off of painful joints enabling the body to move more fluidly.
- It is especially beneficial for people with arthritis since because it is less weight bearing.
- Swimming is also known to lift spirits and better the mood of a person. It is also especially good for toning up of the body and burning off calories.
2. Tai Chi
- It is essentially a Chinese Martial Arts form that is a combination of movement as well as relaxation, and hence is good for both the body and the mind.
- It has also been called “meditation in motion” because of the calming effect it has as well as the relaxation spaces in between.
- Tai Chi consists of a series of graceful movements, all of which flow languidly and smoothly into the next one.
- Tai Chi helps boost muscle strength, increase flexibility of the body and maintain balance.
- Tai Chi is especially helpful with the following ailments and diseases – Arthritis, Low Bone Density, Breast Cancer, Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Hypertension, Parkinson’s disease, Sleep Problems, and Stroke.
- Walking is the easiest exercise to do but is extremely beneficial at the same time.
- It helps one stay slim, lowers cholesterol levels, strengthens bones, keeps blood pressure within the safety limit, uplifts the mood, and lowers the risk of numerous diseases, specially diabetes and heart diseases.
- Studies have also proved that walking improves memory and can be an effective resistant to age related memory loss.
- Walking is also known to strengthen the heart and prevent dementia and osteoporosis. It also not only helps lose weight but also tones the legs and abdomen.
- Walking is also known to boost Vitamin D levels and provide energy spurts.
All in all walking provides numerous benefits with minimal effort and is a fun way of exercising.
4. Kegel Exercises
- These exercises do not have an outwardly manifestation i.e., they do not help you look slimmer or better.
Instead, they strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, the primary function of which is to support the bladder.
- They mainly help to avoid urinary incontinence, which is colloquially known as a ‘leaky bladder’.
Although avoided by most people due to the awkward and embarrassing subject, kegel exercises are a must to prevent such situations and to keep the bladder muscles strong and in control.
- Aerobic exercises are basically all those exercises that require an elevated consumption of oxygen by the body as compared to all other activities or exercises.
- It is generally of a mid-level density and can go on for long durations as well without excessive tiring of the body.
- Examples of aerobic exercises could be jogging, cycling, walking or swimming. Dancing could also be considered a form of aerobics.
- The biggest benefit of aerobic exercises is that they vastly enhance cardiovascular fitness by increasing the body’s capacity to utilise oxygen. The heart thus pumps fresh blood in greater quantities to all organs, optimizing their function.
- It is also known to reduce risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, lower blood cholesterol, and avoid colon and breast cancer.
- Aerobic exercises are also immensely helpful in losing weight, and can be extensively used to maintain a steady weight loss regime.
- They also substantially lower the risk of muscular atrophies or degeneration, osteoporosis, or any other muscle or bone related problems, while generally boosting overall health.
So these were some of the some of the various forms of exercises that one can do to stay in the best of health. Exercising is one of those activities one should include in their daily routine, for it is a known and well established fact that exercising is one of the first and major step towards a healthy lifestyle.
What I am trying to convey through this article is that you need not necessarily go to gym in order to stay fit. There is a whole different world out there full of various bodily activities to maintain the perfect fitness level . All you need to do now is to go out there and explore!